Monday, January 10, 2011

Model Railroads

Toy Trains for Big Boys
As a young boy I always enjoyed model railroads. I remember when I first started earning some money of my own, I would save up and go to down Knoxville and buy something new for my Lionel Train. I still have that train and it still works. It is a freight train which is pulled by those big Santa Fe diesel engines. I crank it up occasionally. I have all the track mounted on a 4’ by 8’ plywood display that folds up next to a wall in the garage.

Just recently I stumbled across a gigantic model train railway. The largest in the world, I am sure! I think you will be amazed at the size, detail, and breath of this display…

Frigid
Yesterday morning when I checked the indoor/outdoor thermometer it showed a cold 6 degrees outdoors. It was 68 degrees indoors. I’m thankful for a warm place to sleep and call home.

Question for you: When it’s hot summertime and 100 degrees outdoors, you feel very good at 68-70 degrees indoors. But when it’s 5-10 degrees outdoors, and it’s 68-70 degrees indoors, you feel like your are freezing to death! Is it in the mind?

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Set your aims in life, and stay on track.
A derailed train makes no progress, so stay on track and make your attack.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.
~Plato

~~~
Joke of the Day

A group of Alabama friends went deer hunting and paired off in twos for the day. That night, one of the hunters returned alone, staggering under the weight of an eight-point buck.

"Where's Henry?" the others asked.

"Henry had a stroke of some kind. He's a couple of miles back up the trail," the successful hunter replied.

"You left Henry laying out there and carried the deer back?" they inquired.

"A tough call," nodded the hunter. "But I figured no one is going to steal Henry!"



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: