Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Rough Waters

Force of Nature
Have you ever been tossed around by the force of nature in a rough sea. I have experience some rough waters a few times in my life.  Once I went deep sea fishing from Murrells Inlet in SC and we had very rough water. We were in a converted PT boat and I’ll never forget the rough waters. Another time I was on lake Erie with a guide in a small boat. The waves were so large that when you were down between them you could see nothing but water. It was so bad the guide had to return to the marina. No fishing that day. Then we have our local lakes, and at the top of the list for rough water is Watauga Lake. It must be the way the wind blows down between those mountains that can make the lake rage.

I thought I had been in rough water until I saw the following video clip. Watch it and can you just imagine what it must be like to be on a ship in the midst of such rough waters.

 

Seas of Life
Sometimes we are on the rough seas of life. It is important we ride out the storm. We are thankful for days we can be in the harbor to recuperate. Our days of convention were like being in the harbor for repairs and to replenish the vessel for the next voyage.

Interesting
Once a captain of a ship was in a very rough storm. Everyone was tossed around and feared for their life. After the storm, a passenger asked the captain if he was praying during the storm. He replied that he was trying to steer the vessel to safety during the storm. He said he had prayed before the storm. Remember to pray before the storms come.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Lack of forgiveness can build a wall that can be like a prison; but forgiveness opens the doors to a new life.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the
heel that has crushed it. 
~Mark Twain

~~~
Joke of the Day

A man was out hunting dove, and, finished for the day, he got in his truck to leave. Just then the game warden pulls up and says, "I need to see your license and your kills for the day."

The man pulls out his license, then walks to the back of the truck, pulls aside the tarp covering the bed. The game warden was astounded to see the truck was piled to the top with dove.

"Son," says the warden, "you know you are well past your limit here, don't you?"

The young man replies, "Yes sir, but I couldn't see just letting them lie there and rot.

"The game warden replies, "Well, why'd you shoot so many?"

"Well, sir, I didn't shoot 'em, I uglied them to death."

"What do you mean?" replies the warden.

"I can't tell you, I'll just have to show you," replies the young man. "Okay," says the warden, whereupon they both walked out into the field.

A flight of dove suddenly burst into the air, and the young man began screaming at the top of his lungs, making faces and jumping into the air.

The birds fell from the sky like rain. The warden, stunned, says, "Well I'll be--I-I've never seen anything like that in my life! Where'd you learn that trick, boy?"

"From my wife, sir."

"Well, why ain't she out here with you?"

"Oh, I can't bring her, sir, she tears 'em up too bad!!!!"



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: