Saturday, March 22, 2008

Tomorrow is Easter

Ready for Easter? Got a new bonnet? Got you Easter basket full of eggs. You know, when you get my age, you can hide your own eggs!

I heard about a egg dyeing contest the other day.
Here's a picture of it.
I wonder who won?

Fun Day Yesterday
We had a good day on the lake yesterday. The boat worked perfectly. My new Lowrance Sonar/GPS unit worked great. Here's a picture of it. The left side of the Lowrance shows the GPS map with the boat speed in MPH. The right side shows the sonar with the water depth and water temperature. Click on the picture for a larger view.

We caught a few fish. We caught 8 crappie plus some bluegill and a bass, but only brought home 6 nice crappie. I caught one beauty, a crappie that was 14 inches long. Dad has a picture of it on his journal today.


Next Week

Tennessee Granddaddy will not be posting anything for a few days next week. I'm going on a little fishing trip down to Lake Weiss in Alabama with my friend Larry. We're going to go after those big Alabama crappie. We went last year but the wind was so bad we didn't get to fish but a few hours, before we decided to come on back home. I hope we have better luck this year.

My pontoon boat is just too big to take that far, but Larry has a smaller bass-type boat we will pull down the trail to Alabama.

~~~
Quote of the Day
He is not here: for he is risen, as he said.
Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
~ Matthew 28:6

~~~
Jokes of the Day

Coming home from his Little League game, Billy swung open the front door very excited. Unable to attend the game, his father immediately wanted to know what happened.

"So, how did you do, son?" he asked.

"You'll never believe it!" Billy said. "I was responsible for the winning run!"

"Really? How did you do that?"

"I dropped the ball."

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: