Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Bays Mountain Park

Here's a nice picture of a young deer taken at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. Bethany and Kevin took the picture when they visited the park last week.

I often mention the Bays Mountain Park in my blog. It is referred to as a 3,500 acre outdoor classroom with a 44 acre lake. The lake was formed by a man-made dam of stone quarried from the area. The dam was built to provide water to the city of Kingsport in the early 1900s. You can learn more about the area by clicking here: Bays Mountain Park.

~~~

New From Google
Google has something new! It's free! It works! It's useful! No advertising!
(No surprises) What is it?

It's a phone number you can call for business directory assistance. (1) You dial the number 800-466-4411 (2) You say the location and business type (3) The number is dialed for you and you connect to the business. I tested it out several times yesterday. We were going to look for a new clothes washer and dryer and thought we would check out a place in Bristol, TN. So I dialed the number. They asked for the location. I said Bristol, Tennessee. They asked for type of business. I said "appliances". They asked if I wanted Pete Moore Appliances. I said yes. The number was dialed. All this while I was driving north on I81. This is a must for your cell phone when you don't have a phone book around. Go here and get more details: GOOG-411.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
~ Albert Camus

~~~
Joke of the Day
On opening his new store, a man received a bouquet of flowers. He became dismayed on reading the enclosed card, that it expressed "Deepest Sympathy". While puzzling over the message, his telephone rang. It was the florist, apologizing for having sent the wrong card. "Oh, it's alright." said the storekeeper. "I'm a businessman and I understand how these things can happen." "But," added the florist, "I accidentally sent your card to a funeral party." "Well, what did it say?" ask the storekeeper. "'Congratulations on your new location'." was the reply.

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: